The 2020-2021 virtual Management and Social Justice Conversation Series is for those interested in critical and generative approaches to management scholarship, teaching, and practice based on relevant, topical, and invigorating social theories. The series speakers will present work that is focused on inclusion in workplaces as well as questions of racial, ecological, economic, and gender injustice, and that goes beyond the historical agendas of business schools and for-profit corporations, including profit maximization, and managerialist agendas.
Join us online over the course of the upcoming academic year to engage in robust discussions around a host of interesting topics and engage with industry experts, researchers, professors, and those trying out new ideas.
Topics to include:
• Experiencing Otherness
• Organizations, Design, & Space
• Race & Gender
• Spiritual Development
• Climate Emergency & Sustainability
• Generative Engagement
All through the lens of social justice.
We had kicked-off our Management and Social Justice Conversation series with a special Keynote Panel session with:
• Erica Gabrielle Foldy, PhD, Associate Professor of Public and Nonprofit Management, New York University
• Ana María Peredo, PhD, Professor of Environmental Studies, University of Victoria
• Elizabeth Yeampierre, Executive Director, UPROSE
• Paul S. Adler, PhD, Professor of Management and Organization, Sociology, and Environmental Studies, University of Southern California
The Keynote Panelists discussed their work, ways that social justice intersects with their own various practices, and engaged each other in stimulating and productive discussion to address social justice.
Upcoming sessions include:
• Bringing Your Organization Into The Uprising for Black Lives (Panel)
• Social Justice, Innovation, and Relationality (Research Round Table)
• The Leader As Poet and Prophet: A New Approach to Equipping Leaders Through Spiritual Development (Workshop)
• Leading and Social Justice (Research Round Table)
• Social Justice Tools to Facilitate Learning, Manage Teams, & Build Community (Workshop)
Check back on this page for added sessions!
We look forward to you joining us on this journey of discovery, knowledge exchange, and robust engagement!